Less tally cosmically
'Move selected groups of blocks and destroy others, and your potential directions, aiming to finalize the lowest score.'
|| GAMEPLAY ||
- Finalize your lowest score in this compact puzzly experience with few but important moves that will destroy the blocks, affecting your options
- You must move blocks as selected groups, making engaging but tricky turns
- You can only move with the arrows on the board. When can you afford to destroy them?
- Play custom/daily modes that makes it easy to compare and compete with others
- Tracked stats measure your best 3 games in a row for longer term scoring goals
|| MOBILE AVAILABILITY ||
Available on android now.
IOS has more barriers to reach, so that may be available if it can be achieved.
Mobile release is as seen here. Free, no ads added.
|| GAME JAM ||
This was developed for the Blackthronprod Game Jam #3 - https://itch.io/jam/blackthornprod-game-jam-3 - with the theme "Less is more".
Optional windows build download of the original gamejam version.
This theme gave me the perfect opportunity to enter, as for me I layered it into the design in multiple ways from scope to presentation.
As a result, this theme is naturally everywhere. a board less than 10 squares wide with 8 block types of 5 colors, practically just cubes, just mouse control.
Your goal is to have the least points that's achieved by taking less turns to have less blocks on the board remaining.
However with less blocks each turn becomes exponentially more meaningful and tough. And the decision to take more turns to try and get less points becomes more risky, which you need to balance. Sometimes less turns is the best option.
And scope/design wise I wanted to do the most with the least, I wanted to get a compact design that felt absolutely complete-you didn't want more, because the less it had felt like more. No post-jam additions or feature creep, but not so little here that it backfired and felt lacking.
Also available on
- Post-Jam fine tuning updateFeb 06, 2021
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.